Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazzer21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
A weird thing has just started happening on my Poswerbook. It's an original 400MHz Titanium G4 which has served me really well. I use it on the power adaptor all day and very rarely use it on the battery. I know that the battery has been losing it's work-time quota of late and is down to about half an hour between charges! However, as I say, because I always use the mains, this doesn't bother me that much.

However, what it has started doing within the last week is a little more disturbing. On switching off in the evening, the 'book goes in my briefcase not to be seen again until the next morning. Usually, I'll copy some stuff onto it from my desktop at home before leaving for work so, in laziness seeing it's only going to be on for at the most 2 minutes after boot up, I'll leave the power lead in the case. However, the last couple of times the battery has been close to dead and that's with the laptop just being kept in my case switched off overnight.

My worry is that if this gets any worse, I'm going to find that all my system settings will get reset every time I boot up, mains or no mains. First off, anyone else experienced this? And secondly, are the current 15" powerbooks using the same batteries (in terms of size and connection) so I can buy a new one (any idea how much they cost?)

Dazzer

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.