powerbook care

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AudiGuy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. AudiGuy macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2005
    i noticed that my powerbook stains easily, its not hard to remove but i just want to know what kind of solutions i should use to clean it. i dont want the silver to peel off. do you think a slightly damp paper towel will damage the color in the long run?

an ive heard about the hand acid peeling off the silver paint. what can i do to prevent this? use one of those palm pilot screen protectors? what size and model should i get if i decided to buy those screen protectors.
  2. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2005
    London, UK
    I use a screen cleaning cloth when mine gets dirty...I figure if it doesn't damage the screen in the long-run, it shouldn't damage my PB's colour.

As for protecting the palm rests, there are multiple ways of preventing dirt. As you mentioned, you can get some palm protectors. There are also these interesting "wrist rug" things: http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/rr.php?category=pb

Another possible idea you can try is to get some wrist rests that are higher than your powerbook's thickness...that way, your wrists rest on the wrist rest and your fingers hit the keys with no touching of the palm rest at all (this only works, however, if you don't have your powerbook eleveated in any way).

And another thing you can do is simply get an external keyboard so you're not touching the pb at all...