Powerbook Carrying Case/Backpack

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ///mdriver, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ///mdriver macrumors member

What do you guys use to carry your 17" powerbooks? I am headed off to college, and need something that can hold it and maybe a textbook or two.

2. Paenis macrumors newbie

STM distributes a few bags for the Pbook range, most of them are sleeve based (i.e. wont hold any text books). I think you'll find with the larger bags they're simply a normal bag with a free sleeve inside, so you could buy a STM sleeve (I think apple sells them online) and just grab any old bag, that's what I do, is STM an american brand? They may only be sold in Australia.

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

5. photohead macrumors member

if you can afford it....Id get a tumi bag....very sturdy...and secure...i'll swear by them....no one really talks about them too much ...because of the price I think...but they have a cool chart on the web site that will tell you if your laptop will fit...and they look really sharp...

N

www.tumi.com

6. ///mdriver thread starter macrumors member

I'm just gonna get a sleeve and use my current backpack. Those TUMI bags are really nice, but may be a bit much for me at this stage.

7. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I had an aluminium flight case made for my PB. It cost less than many of these top of the line bags and also looks less like you have a laptop so you don't feel like a walking target. It makes you look like an assassin! Kinda cool really. The case is lockable and very study and only cost around £65. Theres space for books in it as well. I'm sure they'll be US companies who could do the same.