Powerbook Case

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by yzeater, Oct 27, 2002.

1. yzeater macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2002
    Hey guys-
    I'm looking for a case for the ole Powerbook. Any types that work better or worse? Is it necessary to get a hard case to protect it, or will a normal soft case work fine? Also, I've heard that these keyboard covers that protect the screen are worth the money, that true? Thanks a lot guys!
  2. Angelus macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2002
    New Zealand
    I'm looking for a powerbook case at the moment too.I was reading this issue of pcpro and theres a writer there who uses a powerbook and he recommended a sleeve design that you can find at www.goincase.com.
    Thats the one im thinking of getting,hope it helps,it looks kinda cool and its made especially to fit the powerbook g4 but its a minimalist design.
  3. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    try these...

To both dudes above:

I highly reccomend the Z5 from Zer Halliburton. It's the only case I would trust it with. Plus it looks ridiculously cool.

As for the screen protectors; STAY AWAY from the leather ones from OWC/MacSales. They are way too thick and will break the hinge on your machine and you will be screwed. If you must get one go for the one that just covers the keyboard. I reccommed using a piece of silk or a cloth used for cleaning camera lenses.
  4. yzeater thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2002
  5. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    two things-

SEARCH before posting new threads. this is the third one this week alone. the powerbook case topic has been discussed MANY, MANY times. there are many recommendations in those threads.

also- the leather screen protectors DO NOT break your hinge. i have used one from the beginning and there has been NO problem. my screen is fine, and clean, and i have no broken hinge.

you definitely need something to keep the keys off the screen.

btw- i have a rev b ti 667.