1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

powerbook cd drive not working

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by sikkinixx, Mar 10, 2006.

1. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

uh oh my 12" pb's cd drive aint working... I was just ripping some cd's and then once i put a new on in it took the cd, made a weird buzz...... then another, the it spat the disc back out. i have tried several other cd's and it keeps spitting them back out! i have restarted a few times and i cant figure out what is going on!!! i hate these drives.....

2. macrumors 6502a

Shamus

is it possible that something could have gotten into the drive, which could be jamming it?

3. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

unlikely because i took a cd out after ripping it, then put another one in about 30 seconds later and it wouldnt work :(

4. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did any of the disks have stickers on them? Is there a chance some adhesive came off in the drive? In the meantime, try a PRAM reset although it doesn't sound like a software-related problem at this stage. :eek:

5. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

thanks i will give that a shot, this is bumming me out, i dont wanna have to send this damn thing back to Apple.

6. macrumors regular

I had the same thing happen on my 15" PB, when I stick in a DVD/CD it just spits out the disc in like a couple of seconds. I've read on apple discussions where other people have this same problem after a year. Hope someone helps out or I'll need to replace it...

7. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i tried the pmu stuff and no go, *sigh* looks like its apple care crap for moi. Do you call up apple and ship it back to them? or bring it back to where i bought it etc.?

8. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, it was a long shot. :eek:

Whatever's easier for you. :)

9. macrumors newbie

Cant believe all this crap I have been waiting for some kind of response to do with loading a cd, and still not working, I think I will go back to windows, MAC SORT YOUR **** OUT :eek: