Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tvbi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Is there a way to prevent the PB from going to sleep after the wall charger is unplugged when using the clamshell mode?

I'm going to use my PB as a carputer and want it to run for awhile after I turn off the car..I know the PB will go to sleep when it loses power in clamshell mode..:(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You should be able to select to never go to sleep in the Energy Saver preference pane. Of course, unplug your Mac when changing these preferences because otherwise they'll apply to your power adaptor settings. If that doesn't work, you could get your Mac playing music or something similar to ensure she stays awake. :)

tvbi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
hey thanks.. but found my answer.. InsomniaX.

mad jew: It's not because I don't use for a long time it goes to sleep, but OS X required you to plug-in to use clamshell mode.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
tvbi said:
mad jew: It's not because I don't use for a long time it goes to sleep, but OS X required you to plug-in to use clamshell mode.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Well how are you using this machine if there isn't a keyboard or mouse attached (that includes Bluetooth)? Either of these should be able to wake your machine, then keeping it awake is simple. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.