PowerBook G3 400 For Sale...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tomgreever, Feb 7, 2002.

1. tomgreever macrumors member

I have a PowerBook G3 400Mhz, 320 RAM, 10 GB, DVD, Firewire, extra battery that I'll be selling as soon as my G4 iMac gets in (two weeks left) $950. Any takers?

[Ok, maybe this is against the rules of this forum, I don't know. But I thought I'd mention it. :) Administrators, please be kind... They might remove this thread... Not a commercial dealer, just a guy that thought maybe someone would be interested in his PowerBook... ]:rolleyes:

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Haha

We aint selling it but...

Powerbook Firewire edition 500MHz with 133MHz bus.
    20 Gig HardDrive
    Airport Card
    640 RAM
    Lots of software

Smokes that 400 of yours. Get more out of it and put it on ebay.

3. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

Re: Haha

sorry pal... no 133 mhz bus for the firewire powerbooks was ever released. the powerbook g4s didnt have a 133 mhz bus until recently

4. tomgreever thread starter macrumors member

eBay?

My 400 Mhz is the same generation as your 500 Mhz. According to specs for the last G3 FW PB, you should only have a 100Mhz bus. Mine also has the 100 Mhz bus. I'm sure yours is faster, but I think the bus speeds are the same.
    Go to:

Either way, the bus on these PB's is better than on the iBooks... (although I think the high end iBook has the same bus speed"

I'm sure I could get more for it on eBay. I was just wanting to give my fellow Mac users a break. If anyone wants to give more, I'll take it! I just felt like $950 was a more than fair price.

What do you think it's worth? I'll still sell it for $950 to anyone who finds it on this forum... I just wonder what other people think it's worth.

Mac Specs

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Go Higher

I can sell mine for 1500. You can sell yours for 1100

6. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I sold my WallStreet 233/2 GB/96 MB RAA yesterday on eBay for $1,100 Australian ($1 US = $0.51 AUD... you do the math)

I'm gunna miss it. :( I had some good times with that little thing...

7. tomgreever thread starter macrumors member

1100?

Really? $1100 is a good price? I figured $900 to $1000. I've seen them go for $900 on eBay, and I've seen them go for $1100, but $1100 was the high end.

If you know someone who'll buy it for more than $950, let me know. Anyone know what wholesale price is on this computer? Current price starts at $1250 at everymac.com, but I think this must be outdated...

I do want advice... or buyers.. or contacts to buyers!!!

8. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how much do you think the iBook SE 466mhz, 192MB, graphite firewire.... no original packaging..no original software....just the battery and and a laptop bag... should go for?