PowerBook G3 500 battery disappointment

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Moo-Boo, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Moo-Boo macrumors regular

Moo-Boo

Greetings my Macintosh faithful,

I have recently purchased a G3 PowerBook Pismo, 500mhz. It is a wonderful machine. It runs OS 10.3.4 like a dream, far better than I had expected. But, like with almost everything in this world, it is not perfect. That is, the battery that came with the laptop is not what it used to be. It works, which is good, but only gives me half the charge it used to, when the machine was bought new. I have calibrated it, reset the Power Manager, used Battery Saving mode, you name it, I have tried it. I know I will have to buy a new battery for it one day (if I can find one down here in Australia, that is), but is there anything I can do to breathe new life into an ailing battery?

Thanks for reading and keep up the excellent advice!

Matt

2. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

short of buying a new battery, no
    you should be able to buy a new battery pretty cheaply online since it's an older laptop, take a look around

3. Moo-Boo thread starter macrumors regular

Moo-Boo

Thank you so much for your advice and help. I suspected that there wasn't much I could do for my battery, but, occasionally, someone will come up with an answer you would have never thought of. I've had a look around, and I can get Pismo battery for $A200. The battery that Hector posted a direct link to was better than the Australian battery...37.5% better in fact. I am sorely tempted...as long as our dollar remain stable and the price of postage isn't too high.

Thanks again my learned friends,

Matt