PowerBook G3 Firewire dilema

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AssassinOfGates, Mar 16, 2004.

1. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

I have the opportunity to get a PB G3 firewire, but only if I can fix it. It will not boot, spin up, make noise, etc. Hitting the restart button on the back (how Apple says to reset the PMU) did not help. I'm guessing it is a bad PMU board, or a bad power adapter. I've tried both of his adapters, but they may both be dead. They were not Apple manufactured, but some other company. Both of the adapters DO light up when plugged into the wall however.

If anyone can give me an idea on how to verify it is the PMU or adapter(s), please let me know ASAP. I only have till 630a Eastern to decide on whether or not I can fix it, cuz if I do want to fix it, I have to take it with me up to Anaheim.

TY and Cheers

2. AssassinOfGates thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok false alarm... looks like im gettin meself a PB :D

Turns out it was the internal battery I was forgetting about. If any reader finds themself in a situation like mine, disconect the internal battery, battery, and power supply, hold reset on the back for 60 secs, and then plug the internal battery and adapter back in. wait. wait longer. boot up, and enjoy.