Powerbook G4 1.5hz casing? Where can I find it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Fourbin, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Fourbin macrumors regular

Apparently my Powerbook was knocked on the floor by a housemate and no one will freaking fess up to it in. Anyways the casing is bent out on in the corner around the superdrive. I found the part I need on ebay but it is from a TiBook and the battery is a different on my AlBook 1.5ghz. Its this part though:

[​IMG]

Everything is working fine but I was wondering if there is anywhere online to find the bottom half of the powerbook case for sale?

How much will Apple charge me to have this replaced or fixed? I am mean PISSED! :mad:

2. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

I would charge everyone in there just say. come on guys this is not cool, i paid alot of money for this machine and i treat it as best as i can. only for it to be knocked around on the floor its not kool.

edit: is that a poster, placemat underneath the case

for the case part

http://www.pbparts.com/shop/a15bc.html

3. Fourbin thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm not worried about whos paying for it.. I'll figure that out. I just want to know how I can fix it for cheap...

4. Fourbin thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhh $229? That still sucks! Why does this kind of **** have to happen to nice people? This thing is 3 weeks old!

5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I'm sure Apple would charge you a whole lot more than that. I hope you get your roomate(s) to pay for this though, it would be the right thing for them to do.