PowerBook G4 15" DC-in/USB Board Question

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by zackkmac, Feb 3, 2013.

1. zackkmac, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Hello all. Needing to replace the DC-in/USB jack on a PowerBook G4. It is the 1.5GHz ALS model. From looking around on eBay, I see a bunch of DC-in boards that look exactly the same, but with differentiating part numbers and prices. Does it matter which one I buy, as long as it fits a 15" 1.5GHz PB and looks the same? I do not see where the difference is on these besides the part number. If you have any info on this please do share. :)

Thanks in advance!

2. macrumors G3

eyoungren

Yeah, it does matter. You can see the little differences once you compare them side by side. I have two 17" PBs (one a 1Ghz, and the other a 1.67Ghz HD-DLSD). The two parts are quite different, although they occupy the same dimensions.

There's also differences between the 1.67Ghz standard res model DC In Board and the DLSD.

I'd do a Google search of ebay with the model number of your Mac. In my case, it'd look like this: ebay.com A1013 DC+In+board

Google can actually give you better results from eBay than the eBay search box. If you happen to get a listing that shows a different part number, but lists your model number then that should be ok (even though it contradicts what I'm saying).

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the response. I found the model number (A1106) and searched according to that. Much appreciated!

4. macrumors G3

eyoungren

No problem. Glad I could help!