Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miyazaki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
i had booted up my computer today, and on the screen everything that is supposed to be white is pink. meaning, some colors show up true but for the most part this status is almost unusable. i actually had this problem before, a few months back , and was about to send it in for repairs when it suddenly corrected itself. i remember i connect the video out to my tv and was using the computer that way and it started working again. so i was wondering if anyone knows what the problem is and how i can fix it without having to send it in... reason i don't want to is that i live in japan now and it would be a big hassle to do so...

thanks

K12MacTech

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2003
If it is still under warranty, send it. Had an iBook with similar issue - went to Apple twice since they couldn't duplicate in the repair depot. Involved an internal cable, not the LCD module itself. You may find that it changes as you adjust how far the powerbook is opened. Probably just a coincidence that it started working when you hooked up a TV as an external display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.