Powerbook G4 Battery/Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MrMan112, Mar 3, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Feb 4, 2005
    Just today, I noticed that when my Powerbook is charging the Orange power light is on which is normal. However, when I open the book from sleep mode, the light changes to green while I am using the mac.

Sometimes, it will change back to Orange while I am using it. Other times, it will remain Green until I close the lid and the Powerbook goes back to sleep.

Is this normal/something to be concerned about? This is a 3 week old PB (latest revision). Thanks
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2004
    MrMan, it might not answer your question, but it can't hurt to familiarize yourself with Apple's battery page.

Many notebooks will not continue charging an in-use battery after it has reached a certain percentage full, like 95% or 98%. Something about this helps battery longevity, I think; others here might know better. So this issue you're seeing may be that the PB is charging, gets to a point between 95-100% when you're using it, stops charging, then charges again in sleep mode. But I don't know, just a guess.
  3. macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    Mine does the same thing so i wouldn't worry about it. I agree with what mcgary says. I had heard that before and that seems to make sense.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Feb 4, 2005