Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flippinmentaljo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
For the past... week my powerbook g4 has been: not charging well, and not lasting battery wise as it has been (ive checked all my energy saving settings and cleared off all unused items!); its also been blacking out when the battery reaches around 30 mins left to go. it doesnt always do this just sometimes... without warning??
After the second time today of blacking out ive now realised i have no sound?

Can anybody help?
I am a fairly new mac user (6 months) so please talk in friendly easy to understand mac terms!
and HELP!
Thanks

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Sounds like a hardware problem that needs professional support. Do you have a warranty or support coverage?

A while back, I dropped my Powerbook G4 and now it doesn't charge batteries well. Even after, I bought a new battery. It works well as a desktop computer, but I miss being able to use it wirelessly for more than 30 mins.

I'm just going to buy a new Mac since I'm past my Applecare support.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
For the past... week my powerbook g4 has been: not charging well, and not lasting battery wise as it has been (ive checked all my energy saving settings and cleared off all unused items!); its also been blacking out when the battery reaches around 30 mins left to go. it doesnt always do this just sometimes... without warning??
After the second time today of blacking out ive now realised i have no sound?

Can anybody help?
I am a fairly new mac user (6 months) so please talk in friendly easy to understand mac terms!
and HELP!
Thanks

Do the following:

1. PMU reset
2. PRAM reset
3. Safe Boot
4. Re-calibrate your battery following Apple's guidlines

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.