Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e2ka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I have a Powerbook G4 and was going to use skype today when I discovered that I don't have an internal microphone device. Only digital line input is listed in System Preferences. The microphone used to work, recent disturbances to this machine have been getting the DC Input repaired at the Apple Store and upgrading the software (this morning, though I haven't tried to use the microphone for months).

Aaa! I am currently out of the country and was going to rely on Skype for communications to home!

-e2ka

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
e2ka said:
I have a Powerbook G4 and was going to use skype today when I discovered that I don't have an internal microphone device. Only digital line input is listed in System Preferences. The microphone used to work, recent disturbances to this machine have been getting the DC Input repaired at the Apple Store and upgrading the software (this morning, though I haven't tried to use the microphone for months).

Aaa! I am currently out of the country and was going to rely on Skype for communications to home!

-e2ka
So i guess you haven;t got the AHT(apple hardware test) discs with you, have you tried restarting and what not

e2ka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Macmadant said:
So i guess you haven;t got the AHT(apple hardware test) discs with you, have you tried restarting and what not

Yeah I've restarted. No microphone device! I don't have any Apple discs right now... this sucks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.