Powerbook G4 memory upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maqq, Feb 9, 2004.

1. maqq macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2004
    Right now I'm looking into upgrading my Mac's memory. I'm planning to go from 512 to 1G. Got a few questions to ask.

1) Who is the OEM Apple memory manufacture? Or do they make their own memory chips?

2) Does the brand actually matter? I'm torn between Kingston and Powerline, or is there a recommanded brand?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Crikey macrumors 6502

Jan 14, 2004
    Spencer's Butte, Oregon
    Personally, I like Crucial RAM (http://www.crucial.com/); I've bougt a lot of RAM for PCs and Macs and never had bad stuff from Crucial. Probably any reputable brand is good, but why mess with success?

The more RAM the better.

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

Aug 9, 2002
    Springfield, OR (Home of the Simpsons)
    I get the cheapest stuff that is recommended for my Mac model and also comes with not only a 100% guarantee against failure but also has a guarantee to work in my Mac with OSX flawlessly without glitches.

You can get a list of a number of suppliers that have this sort of guarantee and great prices at RamSeeker they're a Mac only ram price site. I have personally bought very very cheap ram from several of the linked resellers and wouldn't think twice about doing it again.
  4. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i go for crucial

but iv heard good things about dealram and their ability to find cheap but good quality ram