Powerbook G4 owners... does this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nataku, Jun 19, 2005.

1. nataku macrumors regular

nataku

hey there. im new to mac. i just love it. thank god i switched. just one question... i own a powerbook g4 with 1.67Ghz processor with the ati mobility radeon 9700... how come i dont see the ripple effect when i drop a widget? doesn't the graphics chip support core image? thanks guys. this has been driving me crazy for the past few days. :confused:

2. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I get it with the powerbook in my sig. I think you should to.

3. jnicolso1 macrumors member

I get the ripple and I have the same machine as you

4. nataku thread starter macrumors regular

nataku

damn. is there anything that i should do? maybe something in the settings that i turned off or something? thanks guys.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It should be supported. Go and have a look in System Profiler under Graphics/Display and it should say CoreImage supported.

Incidentally, you only see the ripple when you drop a widget from the widget bar to the desktop. You won't see it moving widgets around the desktop and if you click on the widget as soon as you drop it, you cancel the ripple effect and start loading the widget instead.

If either of the above don't happen, you probably want to call Apple in case there's a problem with your card.

6. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

My Powerbook is older than yours (see my sig), and I only have the standard video card...
    so yes it should work.

Try dropping a couple of widgets from the widget bar onto your desktop again... then if no luck I'd be taking it back to where you bought it!

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

its a long shot but could you be accidentally clicking the mouse once you drop it? because that stops the ripple effect.

8. nataku thread starter macrumors regular

nataku

thanks guys! its working now... weird enough... all because of a reebot. :eek: thanks bunch fellas!