Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hogmog

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Thames Valley, UK
They say all good things must come to an end and it appears that my PowerBook G4 power adaptor has indeed come to an end. You plug it in, turn it on and the orange charging ring light appears momentarily and then goes off, meanwhile the PB G4 carries on depleting the battery. I have checked:

1) fuse in power adaptor plug (this is UK device) - replacing fuse with new one makes no difference and putting the original fuse in other appliances plugs works OK.

2) nothing wrong with PB G4 itself - using my iBook power adaptor now have a fully charged PB G4 again.

A couple of questions:

a) Is there anything else I should try before 'certifying' the adaptor as dead?

b) This power adaptor was bought as a second one, through the Apple UK online store, less than a year ago so is still under guarantee. However I have lost patience with the circular route on how to return it. The Apple store refers you to the printed materials that came with the device and the printed materials refer you to online support which refers you to the printed materials. Any ideas on who I should contact and how?

Thanks in advance for your help / ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.