Powerbook G4 Projector Problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vbpowerbook, Oct 7, 2004.

1. vbpowerbook macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a PowerBook G4 and am extremely pleased with its performance and stability. I did, however, have a problem using this computer for a presentation. Specifically, the EPSON projector I was using didn't respond initially to the Powerbook and when it did respond it was on dual display, and the projector was using a dramatically reduced resolution in comparision to my Powerbook. I would like to have the projector mirror my Powerbook with equivalent resolution and would greatly appreciate any insight anyone may have to help solve my projector - Powerbook problem .

2. 40167 macrumors regular

It's a PBKAC (Problem between keyboard and chair)
    ... Use the search function, someone had the same problem a couple days ago, they explained possible solutions... its some type of keyboard combination to make it switch over but I forgot what.

3. NCTRNL macrumors regular

On mine, you just go to the display properties and check the box for Mirror Display. That should fix your problem.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The function key with the squares (F7 on the current PB's, I think it's the same on Ti's) will switch between extended desktop and mirrored mode when an external display is connected.

5. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

you will have to match the resolution of your powerbook and the projector you try to use. the epson you talk about MIGHT be a new one which can be for example 1280x720 natively (i know i have a panasonic that has such resolution, and the only way to use it at its native resolution was the switchresX shareware app).

if the resolutions match, there shouldn't be any trouble.

6. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I had a projector that was given to me that ran on 640 x 480.... so that sucked...had to run it in spanned, or my mirror would be 640 x 480 on my old g5