Powerbook G4 screen has flashing red dots. Please Help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by taeclee99, Apr 20, 2003.

1. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

When my powerbook when came out of sleep mode, flashing red pixels has appeared all over my screen. Anyone else seen this? Any one know what this is or what I should do?

i wonder if Apple Care will cover this?

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Powerbook G4 screen has flashing red dots. Please Help

don't worry about it if you are not experiencing odd problems.

my GHz Ti sometimes does the same thing, when coming bac from sleep after a certain screen saver of mine was running... though it wasn't random pixels, the screen basically reds out for a split second as it comes back. and when i move the little iTunes window too far into a corner, if i sleep it, the screen goes blue for a split second when it wakes and it repositions the iTunes window inside the screen bounds. it bothered me at first, but i don't use that screen saver anymore (or any for that matter), and i am more careful when i place iTunes, so i never get it. it doesn't seem like a big deal though, even if it still happened often.

3. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

There are literally dozens of red pixels that are flashing on my screen right now. I tried rebooting three times but the problem is still there.
    I am going to take the powerbook to the apple store and see if they can repair it.

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yowch. that's insane. they will definitely fix that, or replace the screen... if you have a warranty. did you drop it slightly or anything, or did this just start happening? that's really freaky.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it is freaky. are they flashing in a pattern, or regular intervals, or more randomly? if it's pretty random, i'd say the connector ribbon on the display is bad. or the video card. if it's regular... i don't know what to say...

if you can, see what apple says it is... that's weird...

pnw

6. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

OK, I just turned the pbook back on. Everything back to normal. Whew!!!!
    Maybe it was the screen saver plus coming out of sleep mode caused a momentary screwy situation.
    Thanks for your help.