Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dropscience

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Anyone ever run into a squeeky space bar on your Powerbook G4? I found a few stories about a squeeky space bar through Google but surprisingly, no instances on this forum after a search.

Anyhow, I took my Powerbook to the Genius Bar and the guy there just reseated my space bar and cleaned it out with compressed air. No more squeeks but the space bar seems a bit lounder when depressed though :confused:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Mine squeaks occasionally. But it doesn't do it all that often and it's not that loud when it does, so it's no big deal. I've had the keyboard replaced for another reason, and both of them did this on occasion.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
The Space on my MBP squeaks a little too. I wouldnt worry about it unless it starts to not function. My right shift key was a little sticky at first, its ok now though so i wont worry about it.

Ed

McBain

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2003
My spacebar on my 12" Powerbook used to squeek as well, though only when pressing on the left-hand-side. Odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.