Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kreganmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hey everyone..

Earlier today I tried to install the latest update for my Powerbook G4. It showed a message saying it could not be installed. I tried to reboot and now the comp is stuck on the grey Apple screen. It doesn't even show the time clock symbol. I have tried everything I could find listed in various forums to remedy this problem and have come up empty every time. My main use of this computer is as a recording device in my studio. My music is my life and EVERYTHING I've recorded in the past six years is on that computer. If I lose these files, I have nothing to show for my past 6 years of work. Needless to say this has me so depressed that I do not know where else to turn. I really hope somebody here can help me. I can't tell you all how much I'd appreciate it. I hope to hear from you guys soon. Take care and thanks in advance.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
sorry to hear but you should have back up your data in case of serious havoc on your powerbook. I hope someone will be able to help you soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.