Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I think we've pretty much given you all the info that there is. Either do what discoforce recommended you do or what I recommended you do. Search the forum for ways that you can do a backup. Once you're backed up, startup from the install cd and do a clean install.

PimpGGG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
how do i do the backup with the computer not booting up...it stays at the screen with apple logo..

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Does one of your friends own a Mac? Does your school have a Mac?

If so, you could use Motulist's advice to backup the HDD.

PimpGGG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
guys no1 around me has a mac...besides the store...which is 45 min away in detriot.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
You're a young guy, so I'm gonna give you a little friendly advice. You asked for help when you had a problem, and that's a good thing. The community here seems to have given you lots of good recommendations for how to fix the problem. The rest is up to you. If you need a way to backup in an unusual situation, look around and do some research, a great answer may already be floating out there if you do some searches. If you really can't find a solution because your problem is so unique, then post a new question in the help forum with a new title because the question you asked when you started this thread was answered a long time ago. I'm sure with a little hard work on your part you'll get your problem fixed. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.