Powerbook G4 - What cables come with it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bannor, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bannor macrumors member

Jun 4, 2004
    Hi there. I'm going to be getting a new 12" rev C powerbook within the next couple of days, and was wondering what adapter cables come with it. Does it come standard with a mini-dvi to vga adapter for connecting to an external monitor/projector? How about mini-dvi to S-video?

2. DGFan macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
  3. Elbeano macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2004
    The mini dvi to s-video is a seperate purchase. Check out www.monstercable.com and look under the apple products in their computer section. The mini dvi to s-video is listed as for the iBook under the products, but in the description it says it's also for the PB. It's 40 bucks. My 12" pb came with a vga and dvi adapter, the power adapter which comes with a plug that goes right in the adapter or a longer cable, and it comes with a phone cable. If you're in to that sort of thing.
  4. bannor thread starter macrumors member

Jun 4, 2004
    Thanks for the info. The mini-dvi to vga adapter will work fine for hooking up to my projector. Can't wait to try some big screen Dungeon Siege.