PowerBook G4 will not sleep

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by aethier, Jun 18, 2004.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

OK, so i finally decided to get my 15 inch AL|PB repaired (the screen... white dots..)

B.Mac (local apple store) calls me to tell me it is repaired and ready to be picked up, i am happier then people on christmas at this point.

Then i get home, open it up, ultra excited, and i was not used to using it without white spots/hatch not working etc.

then i notice, the case was not put back to gether properly, as it [to from buttom] is out of alinement, and when i close the lid it does not goto sleep, it just continues operating as if it was open...

GRRRRR...

any ideas as to what i should do... what could have caused it to magically not go to sleep anymore, (when i close the lid) etc... this is really pissing me off.

aethier

thanks

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If the case is not put back together properly, you need to take it back and get it fixed. Its probably not triggering the magnetic switch to put the Powerbook to sleep, plus a misaligned case isn't something that you should have to live with.

3. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

it could be that they forgot to install the little magnet that triggers sleep entirely. that magnet is independent of the switch that actuates the latch, or at least it was in my old iBook.

I'd complain about the misalignment. if they're anything like an Apple store, B.Mac will say, "the warranty doesn't cover case plastics." then you'll say, "this case is made of metal." and they'll say, "there are plastics under the metal." and you'll say, "no, there's magnesium under the aluminum, and anyhow when I gave the computer for repairs everything was perfectly aligned. obviously the 'repairs' were not done correctly."

if you play your cards right maybe they'll replace your PB with a 1.5GHz one. back up your important files just in case.

4. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

thanks for your advice, well before calling B.Mac i am going to call apple support just so that i have a case number (they get bitchy sometimes when you don't)
    but they already told me that if ever i need my screen changed again they aren't doing it, they are just going to give a new computer (i am on screen four).

aethier

5. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

you're welcome.

on your fourth screen! wow.. does that mean your first three screens all had white spots?

6. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

only the second two.

the first one had red crap everywhere... :(

aethier