Powerbook G4 wont start up!!! Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jhead476, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Jhead476 macrumors newbie

I have a 12' Powerbook G4, OSX 10.39 and out of the blue my computer refuses to start up. When I turn it on it starts up as usual and then when it gets to the screen where it has the little loading bar, it loads about half way and stops. About half the time it just freezes and wont do anything and the other half of the time it say a message that I must "restart my computer", in like 4 different languages.

I'm totally stumped, nothing like this has ever happened to me.

Does anyone know what the problem is? And if so can you let me know how I could go about fixing it.

Thanks...

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Can you boot from the install disks?

3. Frisco macrumors 68020

4. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Try booting without any startup items. How to's on Apple Support.

5. Jhead476 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried everything on http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/help/2/ and I tried to boot from the install disks and nothing worked...

But something very strange happend it wouldent let me start up in safe mode. I follow the directions by holding shift at start up. as soon as it finishes loading on the page with the grey screen with the apple logo and spin wheel and it just resets on its own... after it resets it does the same thing as what I said above...

I think if I would be able to start up in safe mode I would be able to fix my problem...

Any ideas??