PowerBook G5 Roadmap "Exclusive"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by aricher, Oct 1, 2004.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I like Powerpage, but I doubt they have "the scoop." I think Appleinsider or Think Secret would have reported this first, or at least hinted at it.

Anyway, this sounds way too good to be true:

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Not biting I'm afraid.

Why would the Powerpage be sent an exlusive Powerbook roadmap for the next twelve months?

How is it a roadmap? There seems to be nothing concrete written down at all.

The current Powerbook model is a Rev C, not a Rev B.

Why would another iSight model need to be introduced to deal with H.264/AVC (with a catchy name like that thought it was a new Sony player for a second! :p ). I thought the current iSight model would be able to deal with this already, it was just a matter of upgrading iChat to be able to handle the codec. And what other features in Tiger would an iSight be needed?

Not impressed with this article at all. Not like Powerpage to post stuff like this.

4. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

funny:

1. "smaller and lighter" -- how is that possible with the G5s???????????

2. "they are trying a new type of insulating tape ... protecting the fingers from the burn" -- yes, duct tape!

5. coconn06 macrumors regular

Maybe I'm misinformed, but since when was the full release of Tiger supposed to be in September?

6. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

yeah this report is totally full of doodoo. they're barely now distributing the second beta (or is it still alpha?) to select developers. no way was "September" in the plans. pure doodoo. they're just trying to generate site traffic.

7. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

I agree with everyone so far - nothing adds up in O'Grady's "exclusive." Maybe he's just trying to spike his traffic to please his advertisers.

edit - oops - dongmin - you beat me to the "site traffic" post

8. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I doubt we'll see a PB G5 in January. I don't see how it could happen that soon. However, if we were up to OS X 10.5, then I could see them releasing 10.5, iLife '05 and the PB G5 in 2005 :D. Just wishful thinking...

JOD8FY

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Hmmmm, speed bumped PowerBook G4's to 1.8 and 2.0 Ghz? That would be a jump of 500 Mhz! With the last bumps registering at a mere 333 and lately only 166, I find that rather hard to believe.