Powerbook graphics update...for me?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Astral Cars, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Astral Cars macrumors regular

My software update thing just told popped up with the security update and to my surprise the Powerbook graphics update, both pre-checked. The problem being it's only supposed to be for the 1.67 PBs and I have a 1.5. So should I install it, ignore it, or investigate further into the obvious (yet impossible) option of me in fact having a better computer than I thought?

So is this not a surprise that it came up? Does it come up for all PB owners?

2. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

It might be for certain revisions of the PowerBook. For example, I have a Rev. B 15" and didn't see the update.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Go ahead and install it. I imagine Apple will have meant for you to have it in your Software Updater. :)

4. thomasp macrumors 6502a

I'm not really sure what this software update fixes, as I've got a brand new 15" 1.5GHz combo and the update has been showing up and I'm not sure whether or not I should install it.

5. miseldine macrumors newbie

I bought my 1.5 Ghz 15 inch PowerBook in May, and installed the update when it popped up. No problems whatsoever. Didn't change anything mind :)

6. Astral Cars thread starter macrumors regular

Seems pretty weird though that it says it's only for the 1.67 PBs and it's apparetnyl popping up on other ones too. Huh.