Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
USA
My powerbook G4 DVI's logic board jsut took a turn for the worse. However my hard drive still seems to be working. Even though I have most items backed up. I need to get a couple of items of that hard drive. Does anybody have some suggestions on how to extract data from the HD?

jocool5

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2005
Minnesota
I think that you could still boot into target disk mode to see the HD on other macs. otherwise you conlud do a teardown. Ifixit.com seems to have good instructions and required tools before you do the teardown.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I had the same thing happen a few months back. I was able to Firewire boot in Target disk mode from another Mac and extract my info. AppleCare then took care of my bad logic board (4 days) and I was back in action. If you don't feel right about doing a teardown there are services including AppleCare) that will transfer the data to CDs/DVDs or a new drive for you. Good luck.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
walser said:
My powerbook G4 DVI's logic board jsut took a turn for the worse. However my hard drive still seems to be working. Even though I have most items backed up. I need to get a couple of items of that hard drive. Does anybody have some suggestions on how to extract data from the HD?

I want to buy a broken Titanium DVI powerbook if that's what you've got. Let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.