Powerbook headphone jack (Yaaaarrg!)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by shieldyoureyes, Nov 21, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

shieldyoureyes

I've had my 12" powerbook for about a month now, and today, my headphone jack basically stopped working. I noticed that it was getting loose a week or two ago when i had to spin the headphone connector a bit to get a good connection. Now, I have to hold it in one place for it to work at all. I noticed a few posts on this, but they typically involved older PB's.

Has anyone else experienced/heard of this happening?

I guess I'll be calling Apple in the morning to see if they will fix this. I expected more out of a $1500 machine...

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Not everything's perfect, ya know. That's why you get free warranty even without AppleCare. Talk to Apple ASAP about it.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

shieldyoureyes

Yeah...I'm just mad because I just got the Guitar Rig 2 demo and I can't hook my PB up to my guitar amp now...I half expected something to go wrong eventually, which is why I did buy the apple care.

4. macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

That sucks, but I'm sure it's not a common problem for PowerBooks. Mine is much older than yours, and the headphone jack still works great. Aren't you glad you have Applecare.

5. macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Wait, maybe I don't understand. Why do you want to plug your guitar amp into your headphone jack?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

shieldyoureyes

yes...its an audio out. Plug my guitar into the audio input 1/8" to 1/4 inch adapter...plug it into my headphone out to my amp using another adapter.

But the problem is that I can't do that when i have a messed up headphone jack.