Powerbook Headset and DVD Software??

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by UWF404, Sep 9, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    I'd like to watch DVD movies on trips and be able to share sound with wife. Is there some type of splitter device to allow for two headsets??

And what software is good for downloading DVD movies to the HD??

2. macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2004
    Cadillac, MI
    To hook two headsets up to a Powerbook, you just need a 1/8" splitter--it plugs in to the headphone port and gives you two jacks. They're a couple bucks at radio shack.

As to downloading DVDs to the HD, you're asking the wrong person.
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 2, 2003
    round the corner
    There is a spliter that you can get, not sure where you would get one but since the jack connection is common on most devices it shouldn't be too hard to find :)

I'm sure there might be software out there but in my experience when making a full image of the DVD for use on my computer it is hard for the hard drive to read the data fast enough for smooth play so keep that in mind
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2004
    Try MacTheRipper or DVDBackup for transferring DVDs to your hard-drive. Alternatively, check out HandBrake, which can convert DVDs to mp4 format and therefore conserves space. A 90min film usually takes up around 1GB in mp4, compared with just over 7GB for the average (dual-layer) DVD. Be forewarned that HandBrake doesn't include subtitle support yet.

All of these apps can be found at versiontracker.com.