Powerbook issues.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jackieonasses, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Soo my Powerbook's hard drive has slowly failed (read over 3 months time) It happened to do it while I was on a trip. No biggie... I am an easy going guy... It still boots randomly so i am able to get my stuff off. So i am in the market for a new hard drive. I am going for the 7k60... a 7200 rpm drive...

Anyways, the purpose of me starting this thread is this. My computer is decently old, like 2 years... But as i as taking it apart.. the power button connector (the part that is directly connected to the motherboard) broke off!! I cussed. (something i never do) And was scared about the $800 new board... Anyways, so i tell my dad the bad news... He pulls out his fancy soldering gun - and solders it back on! It looks exactly like factory... and it works. But i have one more problem. One of the connnectors on the fan came off. My dad can push all 4 cables back in (1black,1 red, 1yellow, 1 white) Now i can easily just buy a new fan... But i really don't want too. Does anyone know the order... or have a picture of the cable assembly on the cable that goes to the motherboard?

I really am sorry for this lengthy post... But I was just proud of my dad for doing that. So if you want to talk about your experience or have any help on the fan thanks!

kyle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

telling us what powerbook exactly might be helpful.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You might check here to see if they have it in their disassembly of a 12 inch: http://www.kodawarisan.com/ It's Japanese but you should be able to follow the photos.

4. jackieonasses thread starter macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Well it is a 12" rev B Alu. Powerbook DVI.... It is in the profile i think...

kyle

5. jackieonasses thread starter macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

No one? I guess it is going to the Apple store. I am suprised at the lack of comments... Oh well.

Anyone else?

kyle

*sorry for the blatent bump*