Powerbook Key Stuck... Help!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JasonBurns, Feb 5, 2004.

1. JasonBurns macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I've got the new PowerbookG4 AL, and the right shift key seems to be slipping down. It is just not level to the rest of the keys on the keyboard. Is there a way I can pop the key off and put it back on w/out hurting it? I want to try it, but I wanted to make sure it's safe first.

Thanks

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

there probably is, and i dont recommend it because if someone (who has already poppedkeys off before) doesnt show you, you can damage your keyboard.

3. thecow macrumors 6502

I know that on my tibook you can just pul the keys and they just snap off. I am not shure bbout the keys on the alubook

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    careful if you do try to pop it out cuz if u damage the tiny latch and plastic things that keep em in place then you will have to replace the entire keyboard, which isnt a easy task, in fact, apple wont let you order the keyboard from them you have to send it in for repair.

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

tiny latch?
    i thought it was a scissor mechanism thingie, and that you can go to the local Apple Store genius bar to ask for new ones...
    i broek the one on my Delete key on my iBook...

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well i dunno how to describe it, latch or scicors, but the thing with the albooks is you cant get individual keys, i already tried, cuz i broke a key when i dropped something on my keyboard

i had to replace the whole thing