Powerbook Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by juicedus, Oct 24, 2005.

1. juicedus macrumors member

I don't know if anyone can help me but lately my keyboard stops working. I have a 15" alpb 1.25 Ghz and every now and then the keyboard just stops working. I can command+tab to other programs but no other keys work. I haven't added any new hardware or software recently and I've repaired permissions too. Its weird cuz it seems to go away when I command+tab to Textedit and then start typing. This is very annoying b/c sometimes it happens when the screensaver comes up and I can't log in due to the password protect.

2. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

You may be hitting Numlock - see if the light is on when you do that. Numlock makes it to where you can't use your keyboard because you are using the defined numbers on the keys. My teacher did this and he couldn't use his keyboard and all that came up was numbers. You might want to check that one out.

3. juicedus thread starter macrumors member

Its not the Num Lock. I think it might have to do with Mail. It seems like after I use Mail the keyboard dies. Its just weird cuz every key doesn't work except the command+tab combination.

4. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Have you tried restarting your computer? I know it sounds dumb, but I've had weirder things happen. Also, are you current on all updates?