powerbook keys light up but not all PB?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by starstreak, Dec 6, 2004.

1. starstreak macrumors 6502

Dec 5, 2004
    I notice that not all PB can light up its keys. Is it builtin but not turned on the lower PB model? Can I add it?
  2. Devie macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    The 12" model doesnt have it, and the lower-end 15" has it as a BTO option.
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    To answer the last part of your question it cannot be added at a later date, it must be built in at the factory.
  4. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    in case your wondering if its really helpful or not

it depends, if your screen is set to high brightness then it doesnt really matter because your screen illuminated teh keyboard but if your working with the screen dimmed then seeing the keys really helps
  5. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO

but. . . but. . . but. . . it look so cool!!!! i want to ad it to my 12" PB. . . buy a 15" with it built in then rip it out (ok take it out delicatlly) then somehow manage to cram it into my PB!!! i noticed all the letters on the keys are clear so if there were some kind of back light behind them they would work (hit the caps or num lock at night and you will see the light through other buttons) but like my red apple http://www.leaveapenny.net/pbmod.html i want red backlight on my keys!!! as well as a red sleep light. er dont ask why i like red. i think its kinda wierd myself. oh yeah. . . i also want to get an old red iMac (strawberry i think?) and put in red neon lights and set it up to only play iTunes!