PowerBook LCD Problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cmcconkey, Sep 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

My trusty sidekick has developed a problem. I have a "streak" (my best description) that has appeared in the past day. This streak is about a 1/4" in length and is in the bottom center of my LCD. The PowerBook has been in my backpack (the really nice Brenthaven one) for the past couple of days and I used it for a short time yesterday at work and noticed it but thought it was some dirt on the screen. Well I got home and started to clean my screen and it wouldn't come off, I am ill now.

Here are some pics. (sorry for the size)
    [​IMG]

A little closer one
    [​IMG]

What are your suggestions? I have Apple Care but I don't have a store closer than 2+ hrs away.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher McConkey

2. macrumors regular

From the photos I don't see if it is inside the LCD panel or on the surface... if is on the surface... well is a scratch... if is inside... maybe it got hit somehow... can you clarify this ? (rub of your finger-tip over it...):confused:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

The screen is as smooth as the day I got it. I have taken care of this thing as though it was my child. I have went over the top side of the case and there are no impact points.

Any other suggestions?

Christopher

4. macrumors 6502a

masse

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

The screen and housing has been thoroughly cleaned again. Still there.

Christopher