Powerbook + LCD = resolution probs

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Idioteque, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Idioteque macrumors member

I have a samsung 26 inch HD LCD hooked up to my powerbook. The LCD has a res of 1360x768. When I connect it though the left side has about 150px of black bars and the other side is cut off. So there is a big gap where I would drag something from one screen to the other. If i set it 1024-768 it stretches to fit the whole screen correctly, but in 1360x768 it is bumped over bout 150px. Any ideas?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

1366x768 is a resolution the graphics hardware doesn't handle. You'll have to use 1024x768--that's what's recommended by my LCD t.v. owner's manual.

3. mikehowett macrumors member

Hmm, what powerbook do you have? My 17" one does 1360x768 no problem and I have a 32" Samsung TV. Have you tried the option on the TV menu under PC called Auto ajustment?

4. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Have you tried going into the menu for the Samsung HDTV and selecting the PC section and 'moving' the image to the right/left? Because it's an analogue signal, it might have gotten confused and just needs you to move the image to the right/left to correct it.

I have the same HDTV and have no issues with it, I just had to move the image slightly to centre it on the display.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Whenever you try to use a TV as a computer display, there is always a chance for problems to arise. 1360x768 is a very low resolution for a 26 inch display, and isn't intended to use for anything other than playing games or watching movies at a distance.

6. Idioteque thread starter macrumors member

I consulted the manual and and the auto adjustment did the trick.

Thanks for the help.

John