Powerbook LCD Vignette

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Nspace, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Nspace macrumors regular

Perhaps this is common knowledge or has been posted before, but I was unsure of what to search for so I appologize in adv if it has.

I have a 15" Powerbook and in the centre of the screen, opposite of the Apple logo on the back of the screen there is a brighter area, sort of like a vignette ring shapes sort of thing (hard to describe really). It's most noticable in dim or dark lighting. It starts to bug me after a while, as if its caused from the glowing logo. If this is true it seems like a stupid sacrifice in quality for style.

Anyone else see this on their Powerbook?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The glowing logo only glows because of the normal screen backlight. There are no additional lights used. I personally have not noticed this on my PowerBook.

3. iceTrX macrumors regular

You may be a victim of the White spots. http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/displayprogram/

Even if your serial number ins't covered, you can still get it repaired free of charge if you are under warranty.

4. Nspace thread starter macrumors regular

5. iceTrX macrumors regular

Your welcome, I hope Apple repairs your unit in a timely manner. Just for note, the glowing Apple Logo does not cause any discoloration in the screen as it uses the light from the LCD's backlight diffuser.