Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
I have been thoroughly checking over my 15" 1.5Ghz Powerbook ever since I got it. I enjoy it a lot, but I have noticed two small things. The display doesn't close all the way on both sides, but more noticeably on the machine’s right side. Also, every now and then, the PB gives off a little noise; I think someone described it as a small chirping-like noise.

Now I'm very happy that I didn't get any dead pixels, or any other major problems but I was just wondering if these two things are normal. They are minor quibbles and don't really bother me, but I was just wondering.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
dferigmu said:
I have been thoroughly checking over my 15" 1.5Ghz Powerbook ever since I got it. I enjoy it a lot, but I have noticed two small things. The display doesn't close all the way on both sides, but more noticeably on the machine’s right side. Also, every now and then, the PB gives off a little noise; I think someone described it as a small chirping-like noise.

Now I'm very happy that I didn't get any dead pixels, or any other major problems but I was just wondering if these two things are normal. They are minor quibbles and don't really bother me, but I was just wondering.

Well the small clearance when you close the lid, is designed so that the keys don't touch the LCD. Although it should be even on all sides.
I don't know about the chirping noise. Never heard it on my 12" pb.

cheers

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
abhishekit said:
Well the small clearance when you close the lid, is designed so that the keys don't touch the LCD. Although it should be even on all sides.
I don't know about the chirping noise. Never heard it on my 12" pb.

cheers

Yeah, I was guessing that and the fact that the middle closes more tightly because of the latch.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
My 15" 1.5GHz Powerbook make a high pitched noise when I have the 'Open' dialogue box in Reason open.
As far as I can tell nothing's going wrong.

The screen is also slightly off whan closed, I've been thinking about getting something similar to these:

Wildeepz

But £11 ($17) seems a little pricey for 2 rubber feet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.