powerbook memory probs

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dpclark, Oct 9, 2005.

1. dpclark macrumors member

Dec 29, 2004
    Sunny Yorkshire - UK
    Hi Everyone,

Just bought and now recieved a 12"G4 Powerbook (DVI) from ebay, came from a seller with a 900 FB so thought - should be a good deal.

Heres the thing, was bought as manutacturer reconditioned, which is fine - with a 6 month warrenty - now first thing to do was install tiger, bought a brand new copy for this - and upgrade the memory as came with 256 on the logic board.

Machine ran fine for the two days before i did this work - but after I installed the ram would keep freezing one me. Have bought the ram from crucial and on checking it said PC2100 - reading the manual for the book it says install PC2700, is this my problem? or do I have a faulty logic board issue here with a faulty lower ram slot? anyone any ideas? as need to get this sorted stright away if this is the case

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    It's probably faulty RAM. Crucial, despite having a great reputation, do very occasionally supply bad RAM. I believe that if you had a faulty RAM slot the RAM would fail to show up completely. I'd return the RAM to crucial...