PowerBook Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by FuzzyBallz, Jan 8, 2004.

1. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

So I went to the MacWorld Expo today and came upon this booth where they're selling this duo side (for wet and dry) cleaning cloth in 3 sizes for the PB, 12", 15", and 17". So the exhibitor's demonstrating how awesome the cloth is by cleaning this dude's 17" PB. He dampened the wet side, which he said is lightly abrasive, and started rubbing the LCD screen. He made about 9-10 passes and flipped the cloth over to the dry side and started buffing the screen. The screen came out looking like it was from the factory. Doesn't work for bad scratches though, but perfect for finger prints and smudges on any LCD screen. I was like, OMFG, I need to get one of these. Costs $15 each though. Has the letters Powerbook in the middle on one side in silver, embroidered.

To get to the point of this thread, does anyone here know what the company's name? 'Cause I got so caught up looking at all the other booths I forgot to go back and don't remember the name now. It has something to do w/ -Tech. Anyone?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

It was probably iKlear (http://iklear.com/), this stuff does wonders on screens and cases.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

this is what I have but it doesn't have a wet dry side ..

http://www.radtech.us/

edit: looking again, this sounds like it Rad-Tech. if you have any questions about the product just post em

4. FuzzyBallz thread starter macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Kwyjibo:

Yup, that's the one!!! The demo guy had me sold when he polished a 17" PB. Think I'll head over right now w/ my 15" PB and have him clean it. :)