PowerBook mouse stuck!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nsutt22, Aug 27, 2005.

1. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

My new PowerBook 17" 1.67 mouse is stuck in a clicked position! It doesnt click at all anymore. I have called Apple Support and they are shipping a box out. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable by me? I am going to school and near where i go to school there is a Apple Store, I am hoping they can fix it there and save me a homecoming for my powerbook. Any body got any thoughts or have had the same problem?

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

your mouse or your trackpad? there is a big difference.

3. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

The mouse button...

The trackpad doesnt click. However, I could have been a little more descriptive :)

You could be infering to an external mouse though... in regards to that its the mouse on the powerbook and its the actual button that is stuck. Thanks!

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

is the physical button stuck or is it software related?

5. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you lift it up? Is it loose? If not, it may just be slightly stuck and lifting it may fix it. But no guarantees.

7. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

Yah i gave it a try. Nothign really released. I did a little tapping around it to. I guess its just me lol. I am going to college tuesday and wanted it for my first week obviously. Hopefully the apple store will fix it so i dont have to send it in for a week+.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

They shipped a box to you, and they'll probably replace the top cover, provided they can reproduce the problem. You can calm down now ;)

9. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

top cover! that would be sweet! think they can do that at the Apple Store or only if i send it in?

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

They don't do much at the Apple Stores in terms of repairs. I don't blame them, taking off the top cover on a 15" PB is a massive PITFA.

11. nsutt22 thread starter macrumors regular

nsutt22

darn, i guess i will be PCing it up for a the first week of college. I guess if i handled it for 15 years it can work for 7 more days. Thanks!

12. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Not sweet. Taking the covers off the Albooks makes the aluminum warp a little, it's never the same... it's minor the first time though, so you should be okay.

13. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Mine actually warped a great deal the first time, to the point where I requested that they redo the repair.