powerbook NOT fixed by Apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by EJBasile, Sep 26, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    I sent my powerbook in for service and it came back today. The sleep light works now, but the other two problems still exist- computer NEVER sleeps unless you shut it and the AirPort signal is always at 0 or 5 bars (never 1,2,3, or 4 bars).

I would hate to send it in again because it is too much downtime for me and it pisses me off. I am sure they just reinstalled the OS which in my experiences fixes the sleep lights for a short period of time but then the problem begins again.

All it says on the Service Detail sheet is "Problem could not be duplicated"

Additionally I am upset that when I opened up my powerbook there was a big black hair on the trackpad. Also, they're are now 3 new scratches on the back of my powerbook (each about 1" long).

I've had it with apple. Seriously. I'm going to call them very soon and complain. I have already complained to them 2 times about my iPod.
  2. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    That sucks.

As a tech support guy, though, I should point out that if they can't reproduce the problem, they would have a hard time fixing it. The calls I hated to get when I worked at Microsoft were "We had this problem, and it only occurred ONCE. How do we fix it?" Problems like that either have an easy solution (we've seen it before, here's how to stop it happening again) or NO solution (we've never seen it before, we don't have enough info to suggest anything other than general troubleshooting steps).

I hate that they caused additional damage to your PowerBook. If I ever have to send mine in, I'll be documenting the entire condition of the PB, along with photos, and I'll be making sure that they understand I want it back in the same (or better) condition.
  3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    dude. I would call and complain.
    Right now (if they're still open, which I doubt.)

Make a huge stink. They scratched your $$$$$ Powerbook.
    You spent a lot of money on it, and you shouldn't have it be manhandled by Apple.
  4. CompUser Guest

I'm disgusted that there is a BIG BLACK HAIR on it. That is just disgusting. Not as disgusting as having hair in food. You should run a DNA test on it. HeHe