Powerbook OSX 10.3 compatability?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by smallworld, Jun 10, 2004.

1. smallworld macrumors newbie

Jun 10, 2004
    I recently bought a 12" G4 powerbook with OSX 10.3 loaded from two disks supplied with the powerbook: "software install and restore 1 of 2" and "software install and restore 2 of 2". I'd like to load OSX 10.3 on to my G4 dual powermac tower (currently running on OSX 10.2.8). Is this advisable? I've heard rumours that there may be compatibility issues. Please can someone tell me if it is safe to load up these disks.
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
  3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....this comes up time and time again...and I don't want to turn this into another thread about piracy...so I will just say.....try *reading the license agreement* that you agreed to.....oh yeah!
  4. reaper macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2004
    19th Hole
    You can shop around and get panther for pretty cheap these days (under $100)... just pay for the os! :mad:

- reaper
  5. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    or try it and risk messing up your awesome dual G4.

it's not worth it, but it's okay if you disagree. it's your computer. :)

for a few days I had both an 867MHz and a 1.33GHz 12" PowerBook. I did a clean installation of OSX on the older one, from the DVD that came with the new one. I tried that because I thought using a single DVD would be much simpler than about five CDs (counting the old PowerBook's software restore CDs plus the Panther upgrade CDs). This experiment in saving time did not work. The old PB had constant KPs. I went back and did a clean install from the CDs, and then everything was back to normal.