Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tubhost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
San Francisco
I have a PowerBook Pismo 400 which doesn't seem to get even the slightest bit of power to it via the power adapter. Please help me if you can.

To make a long story short, I'll give you an abridged history of what I did to cause my issues: There was a loose connection for the headphone jack in the back which I was using into amplified speakers for better sound. I tried opening the machine up and fixing the connection, but had trouble getting far enough into it to reach that loose piece. During the fiddling I believe I popped the CPU board out of the socket where the memory was on both sides. I'm assuming that killed the power to the memory losing the ROM BIOS, because after I got it all put back together again all I could get out of it was a hard drive spin and a long system speaker beep.

To complicate things a bit, I left it sitting for several months and didn't attend to the issue. Now when I hook up the AC adapter and hit the power button I get no response whatsoever. The green light doesn't show any activity at all. If anyone out there can shed light on any and/or all of these issues, please respond. I sincerely appreciate all of your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.