powerbook ponder

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by roroboy, Sep 12, 2003.

1. roroboy macrumors newbie

i don't know if this is significant, or if it's been addressed before... but i let myself become a bit carried away in daydreaming this morning, and made up a mock powerbook order at the apple store, just playing around with extras, getting an idea of what i'd want should steve bless us with an update next week...

anyway, while it seems logical that apple would wish to promote an update as much as possible, their 'back to school' bundles for portables is only good through the 27th of this month. i guess what i'm getting at is: if apple announces a new pb at paris on tuesday, would it be wise for them to let such a promotion run out the rest of its two weeks? or does the presence of a final date for the promotion imply the introduction of a new portable around said date?

i hate to even touch the pile of pb rumors, i really do. i'm just curious as to what you guys think, is all.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think that September 27th is the cut off date for more than one Apple promotion, and that the date holds no cosmological signifigance like November 5, 1985 does, it just happens to be the day Apple pick as a cut off for their summer promotions (school is in session just about everywhere shy a few Art Institues that I can think of that start October 6, so a "Back-to-School" promo doesn't make sense to keep around any longer.) Also, I'm pretty sure that this is an unnatural PBook hold up, and so that if Apple planned the deal to coinincide with new book releases, it would have been scheduled much sooner. But, it would be a great opportunity to get a cheap iPod and/or printer...

3. cubist macrumors 68020

Maybe there'll be 1GHz iBooks... but I don't think so. I think Apple's made all of their hardware releases for 2003. Updated PowerBooks at 1.25MHz (7455B's, not 7457's) at MWSF.