Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I have a three year old PowerBook and lately the power adapter has not been cooperating. I have to turn the connector around a lot to get the green (or amber) light to show that it is actually charging. I have tried this with two different power adapters: one would not charge at all, the other is very picky (as I said, I have to have it connected just perfectly to the computer or else it won't charge). So I am afraid it might be the PowerBook. Seeing as its out of warranty (and no Apple Care), what are my options? I am just worried that pretty soon I will not be able to get it to charge at all and then it won't even be usable.

Mo Tiggas

macrumors member
May 5, 2005
Oregon, USA
Have you ever tripped over the cord? It sounds like the two prongs inside the power outlet aren't making a good connection with the power cord, which is why you're having such a hard time getting a charge. When you trip, occasionally you can cause enough force to break off or bend those prongs...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.