powerbook problem!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Finlandboy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

Ok, well my powerbook g4 will not come back on for some reason. I was surfing the web from battery power and it ran out, the computer went into sleep mode. So i plugged it in to the charger expecting it to come back to life, but it didn't.

No big deal i thought, it had happened before, so like i did the other times i turned it off while it was still in sleep mode by holding the power button. Then i took the battery out and left it alone for a little while. Came back put the battery back in and plugged it back into the charger, and left it alone for a while again came back this time expecting it to turn on (like it did on the other 2 times) but it didn't.

So right now i'm confused, i think the problem is a combination of my battery (which was already on its last breaths) and a shady charger who wouldn't always work.

I am most likely going to buy a new battery and charger (costing around $170) which i pray will fix the problem, but if anyone has any advice as to what to do, that would really help. Also if any one knows were i can get a good battery and charger (preferably not ebay :D) please let me know.

thanx

2. McGiord, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

macrumors 601

McGiord

3. macrumors Core

My PowerBook has similar issues. But, once the charger is plugged in, I leave it for 3-5 minutes and it wakes itself up.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

lol, thanx i should of looked down,

Well it won't come on period, i left the charger in all night and it still won't work, i also tried it without the battery and still no luck. Do you think the battery is the problem?

Also does any one know a reliable place for a new battery, i was considering macsales.com, but other suggestions would help.