powerbook ram???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by greensuperman32, Mar 27, 2005.

1. greensuperman32 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about purchasing a powerbook and I was wondering if i'm just using it for websurfing, school stuff, dvd watching, and a lil bit of gaming (stuff like the sims) should i upgrade the ram to 1G or just leave it at the standard 512MB?? suggestions and opinions would b very helpful.
    Thanx in advance

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

If you can afford it, go for it. You never know what you might end up doing that will require the extra ram. Especially if you get into heavier gmaing, photo shop, video editing.

3. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I'd say 512MB should be perfect for playing the Sims, but if you are going to do some heavy gaming like Halo or that, I'd upgrade to 1GB

EDIT: I might look at a VRAM upgrade, if you are going to get that type of powerbook. That would really come in handy for the future

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I would buy a Powerbook with the stock Apple RAM and put in a third-party 1 Gb module after you have the machine. In the USA I recommend Data Memory Systems http://www.datamem.com/AMM12.asp

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com