Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
I'm sorry, I know there are lots of threads out there on RAM, but I'm having trouble finding what I want, even with their help.

I went online and looked at NewEgg (as per thread on this forum), and thinking Kingston or Crucial (as per thread on this forum), but it there are a lot more options than I realized.

Cas Latency? Registered/Unbuffered? Any ECC? I'm not sure what any of these mean, or if they're even important.

Right now I have a 15" 1.5 GHz G4 PB, the first gen when you could upgrade the video card to 128. I *believe* it takes DDR 333 (PC 2700) speed, and 200-Pin DDR(2???) So-Dimm type, but I could be wrong.

Sigh, all a boy wants is a couple of decent quality 1 GB RAM chips for his PB, and he has to wade through all these brands and types and stores and the like. Too bad Apple wants to tear my wallet a new one with it's prices or I'd just order from them.

Edit: I'm also looking around OWC (eshop.macsales.com) as per advice from this forum

mattster16

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2004
All you need is standard PC-2700 SO-DIMM. As for all the other options...I'm not sure. I've never paid attention to them. If there are any doubts go to crucial.com and select your computer and it will show you exactly what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.